About This Position:
As our real estate portfolio grows, we are seeking a Development Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work with a specialty in multifamily/mixed-use and new construction management and will help to advance your building career in the future with the growth of the company.
This role would report to the Senior Development Manager and would assist in covering the full project cycle from feasibility, design team meetings, construction management as well superintending the delivery of projects to completion. This role will provide exposure to office, residential, retail, and mixed-use development projects.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support daily efforts of Sr. Development Manager.
- Manage the overall project design process. Lead design meetings with the architect, engineer, construction manager, tenant representatives, and company property and facility managers
- Develop, coordinate, and manage project planning and scheduling.
- Ensure that the project schedule is maintained during the design and construction phase, manage costs to ensure the design remains within the established budget, and work with the project team to identify and resolve design issues effectively to meet all project requirements.
- Negotiations with relevant governing agencies.
- Supporting Request for Proposal (RFP) and procurement processes, including submission and responses for Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Review construction documents and shop drawings for buildability, conflicts, or other details related to construction.
- Coordinating equipment procurement with the purchasing department and outside vendors.
- Obtain and review information and approvals for processing of shop drawings, product data, and samples. Coordinating with the project drawings and specifications. Study contract drawings, specifications, and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Manage contractors and subcontractors to ensure their work is being performed according to the schedule and set quality and safety expectations.
- Lead Construction Management tasks in the office and in the field.
- Work to optimize team effectiveness and help coordinate the project team.
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with the team, company personnel, vendors, consultants, and contractors.
- Lead project site visits. The applicant may be required to navigate through a job site and must comply with all Company and Site safety requirements in the office and on the job site.
- Perform all other duties as directed and assist the overall team effort in any way possible.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a primary function, the position requires:
- Ability to influence others and resolve problems in a positive manner.
- Ability to handle the stress of dealing with public and governmental agencies and adapt/adjust to changing circumstances.
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment.
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Four-year degree preferred in engineering, construction management, or architectural field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience within construction management and real estate.
- Aspirations to progress your career over time
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at problem-solving, communicating, working efficiently, and constructively challenging subordinates.
- Project management skills.
- Relationship-building skills with the ability to form relationships with all stakeholders.
- A high degree of motivation and self-starter, driven.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Ability to use necessary software tools such as Procore, Bluebeam, and others.
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is often active and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must sometimes lift and/or move items up to 10 pounds. The employee must frequently sit and use a computer for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities are required to do this job including close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who requires completing and passing a background check and drug testing to join the team.
Please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference the specific job title and Job ID you are applying for in the subject line of the email.